Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Back to work?

With Max and Avery going to the center soon and Zoe heading into 2nd grade next year the option of my working again has finally come. I am excited about this opportunity as my professional aspirations have always been high. I have not worked full time since I was pregnant with Avery and even that was short lived. I love every minute of the time I have spent home with my angels and wouldn't change a thing. You only get one chance to watch your kids grow up and although it was out of necessity that I stay home full time, it has been the best decision. I always figured I would work part time while the kids are small and go back to work when they are ready.  Autism and the journey we have embarked on changed those plans drastically.

I have been looking into part time jobs and full time jobs. It seems scary to enter the job world again and I know I would not be picking up where I left off.  I left a very rewarding profession and although I didn't get enough time to truly be established (in my eyes), it made a big impact on my life. The surreal part for me is that as a special education teacher, my work so closely resembles my life. That makes for an entire new set of challenges, but on the other hand, I have more to offer. I look forward to the future, but will cherish the time spent home. Who knows maybe I will be busier than I think and I will continue to run this ship from home. We shall see...

This summer though,  I am spending quality time with my sweet Zoe as she has taken the back seat too many times with the crazy home life we took on for the past three years. I look forward to a little freedom in our schedule and lots of fun times!

No comments:

Post a Comment