Thursday, April 15, 2010

The End is Bittersweet

The primary thing on my mind these days is the big move of services to the new MAC center. With all of the change and planning taking place I am now realizing the bittersweet nature of this farewell.  I will miss the day to day contact with all the staff, snack time, and seeing how proud and excited the kids get when they finally "get it" during programming. I think I forgot how lucky I have been to be so greatly involved in each aspect of their life every single day. 

I will miss so many of the therapists that have become a part of our family in a way. The company has specific rules in place to try and avoid boundary issues, but it is hard to not become attached. One member of the team has been with us since the beginning and I cannot imagine going a day without connecting with her. Others have been with us for years and even work with both kiddos. Of course not all therapists have made such an impact, but the vast majority have been amazing. They come to work and try so very hard to get the most from Max and Avery and do so well even on the "off" days. I am so blessed to have had so many wonderful, compassionate and dedicated individuals come through our home. The smiles on the kids' faces speak volumes when it is time to work. I am sure the ones that will be with us in the future are going to be equally great, but the reality is that they have some seriously big shoes to fill. The current staff is great! In fact it is the best group we have ever had in place. There isn't one dud in the bunch! :) I will miss them all dearly and if Max and Avery cold put their feelings into words I am sure they would concur. This is truly a bittersweet goodbye!

No comments:

Post a Comment